How to select the right fuel polishing system for your application:
The days of using grandpa’s old style boat or tractor filters on your diesel fuel tank are over.
Magnets and filterless devices won't clean fuel to ISO 18/16/13 or remove water to 0.05%
Both Caterpillar and Cummins call for fuel to meet or exceed ISO cleanliness levels of 18/16/13 with a water content of less than 0.05%
Fueltec’s polishing systems meet or exceed these ISO levels with a one micron primary filter, micro-glass filter/coalescer, and Teflon coated stainless steel hydrophobic water separator. This type of fuel polishing system is commonly used on aircraft jet fuel.
- When choosing a fuel polishing system; keep in mind that 99% of the contaminates in a fuel storage tank are heavier than the fuel and will be found in the bottom 10% of the tank.
- You won't have to filter the entire contents of the tank unless the fuel has been disturbed by excessive pumping or the addition of large volumes of fuel. In that case it should settle to the tank bottom within 24 hours.
- Always select a fuel polishing system that will work best for the tank size that you will service.
- And consider the tank access port size for your supply and return fuel lines.
- If you will be polishing gasoline and ethanol blends as well as diesel you will need an intrinsically safe pneumatic system.
- When working on large underground diesel storage tanks that may contain heavy sludge you will need a fuel polishing system with a fuel pump designed to pump sludge. Many gear or vane type pumps will be damaged when attempting to pump heavy sludge.
- Water removal: Ninety nine percent (99%) tank water removal is not enough for today's diesel and gasoline engines. Water content should be less than 50 parts per million. to achieve 50 PPM water separation you need aircraft quality fuel/water separation.
- Fueltec offers the highest quality fuel polishing systems with best return on investment of anyone in the industry.
- Fueltec's Mobile Pneumatic tank cleaning and fuel polishing systems are intrinsically safe for all fuels and are also used for remediation of phase separated ethanol blends.
- Fueltec's fuel polishing systems can be found at data centers, hospitals, cellular providers, equipment and generator service companies, marinas, boat yards, mines, military installations, government agencies, power companies, and petroleum service contractors.
A few of many Fueltec's fuel polishing systems in use Worldwide
South Florida Water Management District
US Navy Special Operations Norfolk, VA
US Army Kwajalein Range, Atoll
Federal Aviation Administration DFW Airport, TX
Federal Aviation Administration Honolulu, HI
State of South Dakota
City of Seattle, WA
VA Hospital Temple, TX
Emerald Coast Utilities Authority, Pensacola, FL
City of Jacksonville Beach, FL
City of Portland, OR
Transport Canada, Port Hardy Airport , BC
US State Dept. US Embassy Belmopan
Belize Coast Guard
US Coast Guard
Ministry of Defense Uganda
City of West Sacramento, CA
Large Data Center, Charleston, SC
Large Data Center, Taiwan phase I & phase II
Morgan-Stanley Data Center, NJ
Etrades Data Center, Atlanta, GA
Alaska Native Medical Center, Anchorage AK
MTN Group, Nigeria, Africa telecommunications
MAYO Clinic– Jacksonville, FL
Allen Memorial Hospital, Waterloo, Iowa
CRITICAL POWER cont.:
Quinn Caterpillar, CA
Carolina Caterpillar, NC
Gregory Poole Caterpillar, NC
Critical Power Exchange, WA
American Generator Service, FL
Global Power Components, WI
Power Generation & Controls, NC
Tampa Electric, FL
Jesse Stutts, AL
General Electric Transportation, TX
National Fuel Service Corp. (nationwide service)
Carbon Fuel Service, NC
Guardian Fueltech, FL
Ingersol-Rand Trane, NC
Boc Oil, SC
Buckeye Oil, OH
CF Morris Petroleum, WV
Delta Petroleum, MS
Domino Equipment, OK
Carter Yu, Phillipines
Zone Petroleum, Nigeria
What Is Bad Fuel and What Can I Do About It?
Today’s diesel engines use high pressure, 27,000 to 35,000 psi fuel injectors with tiny fuel passages which are easily clogged with dirty fuel and damaged by water.
Call Today 828-212-1141
For more info or to schedule a visit to learn and operate our fuel polishing systems in real time at our facility in North Carolina.