BIO-VAC 270 Mobile Tank Cleaning & Fuel Polishing System
Fueltec’s BIO-VAC 270 mobile pneumatic fuel polishing system purifies fuel by removing sludge and microbial contamination down to one micron. The system removes fuel/water contamination to meet engine manufacturers’ fuel cleanliness requirements, and is intrinsically safe for gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and ethanol blends.
The BIO-VAC 270 cleans your fuel tank and purifies fuel with little to no loss of product! Free and emulsified water can be removed to less than 50 PPM. Particulate matter is removed to one micron.
- In operation, the System pulls fluid from the fuel tank bottom by a vacuum created by the fuel pump.
- A bag-type filter is first to remove rust, sludge, and solid contaminates from the tank bottom fl uid which may also contain water.
- The fuel/water mix leaves the fuel pump under pressure and is forced through a filter/coalescer where the tiny water droplets are made larger and separate from the fuel. This type of water separator is commonly used on aircraft jet fuel.
- The Teflon separator prevents the water droplets from traveling with the fuel.
- Separated water will drop into the water trap where it can be drained under pressure.
- A clear sight tube allows you to see the level of the water that has been separated.
- With the system running; you can open a valve and send the water to a waste container and the clean, dry fuel back to the fuel storage tank.
- The water level in the sight tube stops rising when all of the water has been vacuumed and separated from the fuel storage tank.
- Separate and remove one ounce or 1,000 gallons without stopping the system.
- Tank cleaning is done with no loss of product.